Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts to Water Damage
The answer is SERVPRO of South Redlands/Yucaipa. Our SERVPRO team has the experience, expertise, and equipment needed to properly clean up and restore your water damaged home or business back to preloss conditions. Our crew knows that there is never a convenient time for water damage to strike, so our SERVPRO team is always on standby and ready to respond to your loss, no matter how big or small.
Scroll down to review a list of do's and don'ts that are important to take into consideration while waiting for help to arrive!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (909) 307-9700
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.