Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
At the discovery of mold damage, you may be wondering what to do until help arrives. We strongly advise mold spores not be touched or disturbed after found. Mold spores are microscopic, and can easily spread to unaffected areas if not handled properly. Another great tip to implement after the discovery of mold, is to turn off your HVAC system. Ceiling fans and running air conditioning units are a culprit of spreading mold spores to unaffected areas of the property. SERVPRO of South Redlands/Yucaipa has a team of certified mold experts to ensure the mold in your property is removed, and doesn't come back.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (909) 307-9700
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of South Redlands / Yucaipa for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of South Redlands / Yucaipa has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of South Redlands / Yucaipa proudly serves Redlands, Yucaipa, Mentone, and surrounding areas.