If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (909) 307-9700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How To Protect Your Business From Fire Damage

4/26/2021 (Permalink)

Sprinkler head, The device provides protection against fire in a room. Be sure that sprinkler systems work.

Focus On Fire Preparation Protocols

The U.S. Fire Administration estimates that approximately 110,900 nonresidential fires occurred in 2019. While 10% were determined to be intentional, the other 90% of conflagrations arose from cooking, electrical malfunction and carelessness. If a commercial fire impacts your business, no matter the cause, the establishment faces a temporary shut down and loss of revenue. Proprietors in Mentone, CA, do have options. By focusing on fire preparation protocols, it's possible to avoid a major disaster.

1. Assess Vulnerabilities
Be aware of your building's strengths and weaknesses. You can use this to craft a disaster preparation plan to assist in handling an unexpected blaze. As a group, consider what you think are problems for the property, such as difficult pathways or susceptible rooms.
Hire a fire restoration company to assess the facility. The crew is likely to identify more concerns and offer suggestions for improving your business's fire security.

2. Create a Hazard Mitigation Plan
Once you're gathered information, craft a hazard mitigation plan. This document points out the risk factors and offers answers to bolster those areas. It's essential in fire preparation. FEMA provides several worksheets to oversee this discussion. With a team, designate people to be in charge of various elements.

3. Install Updated Technology and Products
To limit fire damage, look into products that offer flame resistance. Enhance the roof with special, durable shingles. The wood exterior might receive an application of a flame retardant formula. These don't stop fires from occurring, but they slow them down and could reduce devastation.

4. Routinely Inspect Fire Safety Devices
Be sure that sprinkler systems work. The unit usually requires annual inspections or replacements. Have experts test it, fixing any concerns. If sparks fly, the smoke and heat trigger the sprinkler head, sending water or chemicals onto the fire. This extra measure may buy employees time to escape or minimize harm to your property.
Fire preparation is a commercial owner's chance to have control. Once flames start, they can quickly take over; however, it's possible to fight off a flare with the right technology and better awareness.

Other News

View Recent Posts